Just in time for strawberry season, we bring you this strawberry mousse recipe that couldn’t be easier. In just 10-15 minutes you can have this light, refreshing dessert ready for your next summer tea party. We think it pairs quite well with our popular Lemon Soufflé tea, especially if you ice the tea! This recipe is also gluten-free.
Makes about 16 individual servings, like the ones pictured.
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 ⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch table salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, well-chilled
- Add strawberries, sugar, and a pinch of salt to your blender or food processor.
- Puree the strawberries until quite smooth, set aside in the fridge.
- In your stand mixer or with a hand mixer, whip the chilled cream on high until fairly stiff. Be careful not to over-whip, but you do want firm peaks.
- Gently fold the strawberry puree into the whipped cream, being careful not to deflate the cream too much.
- Spoon or pipe into small individual dishes and garnish with a slice of strawberry and a mint leaf. This can be done ahead of time – just cover the dishes well with plastic wrap.