Just like Willy Wonka, the character who inspired these treats, our Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate Cookies are just a little on the whacky side! Our chocolate cookie base is filled with pieces of chocolate chip cookie, toffee bits, and semi-sweet chocolate chips, then finished with a sprinkle of coarse sugar and Kosher salt for a sweet and salty crunch on top. Pair these cookies with our Incan Chocolate Puerh tea for an extra-chocolatey extravaganza.
Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 36 cookiesIngredients
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed, dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup small, crunchy chocolate chip cookies, chopped into small pieces (such as Famous Amos brand)
- 3⁄4 cup toffee bits (such as Heath brand)
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top
- Large flake Kosher salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed butter and mix just until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chocolate chips, chocolate chip cookie pieces, and toffee bits and mix them in on the lowest speed just until distributed.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto the cookie sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of each cookie with turbinado (coarse) sugar and a smaller sprinkle of Kosher salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just done. Make sure you don’t over-bake!