Inspired by the cold butterbeer mentioned throughout the Harry Potter stories, our Butterbeer Ice Cream Floats make the perfect sweet treat on a hot summer day. Caramelly, creamy, and cold, these Butterbeer Floats are well-balanced, not too sweet, and very refreshing. They are also extremely easy to make! We paired ours with some cream scones, which you can now order online for pickup at the St. James Market!
Enjoy these Butterbeer Ice Cream Floats and be sure to tag us in your photos when you make the recipe!
Butterbeer Ice Cream Floats
Makes 4 large servingsIngredients:
- 3 cups of ice cubes
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping, plus extra for garnish
- 24 ounces of cream soda (two 12 oz bottles)
- 2 tsp. butter flavored extract
- 1 tsp. rum flavored extract
- 8 scoops French vanilla ice cream
- Make sure you have everything ready because the recipe comes together very quickly!
- Add one scoop of vanilla ice cream to the bottom of each of 4 large glasses. Drizzle the sides of the glasses with caramel syrup if you like. Set glasses aside.
- Add 3 cups of ice to a large blender.
- Pour the caramel ice cream topping over the ice, followed by the cream soda, butter flavored extract, and rum flavored extract.
- Blend on high for about 30-60 seconds, or until the ice is finely crushed.
- Evenly distribute the Butterbeer mixture among the 4 prepared glasses. Top each with another scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle more caramel syrup on top of the ice cream. Pop a straw or spoon into each glass and serve immediately.