Easy Thanksgiving Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe: Cranberry White Chocolate Orange Treats
Looking for an easy Thanksgiving gluten-free dessert recipe that will please every mouth at your holiday gatherings? Look no further!
This sweet dessert combines the tart of cranberry and orange zest and tempers it with white chocolate and the crunch of pecans. Perfect for the Turkey Day table and simple for you to make. Best of all, you can make a gluten-free version, so that no one at the dinner table has to miss out.
Easy Thanksgiving Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe:
Cranberry White Chocolate Orange Treats
Makes 28 – 32 triangles or 40 squares
Prep Time: 30 min.; Bake Time: 35 min. plus cooling & frosting
For the Cranberry White Chocolate Orange Treats:
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature (see Baking Tip #1)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour OR Gluten-free flour mix:
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries plus 1/3 cup for garnish
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white baking chips
- ½ cup orange zest plus 4 tsp. for garnish
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (See Baking Tip #2)
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment, mix brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in order until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour (or gluten-free flour mix), baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture in the mixer bowl, until combined.
- Switch to dough hook attachment and stir in 1 cup dried cranberries, pecans, white baking chips, and ½ cup orange zest. Mix well on slow speed. The dough will be thick when ready.
- Spread into a greased 10×10 or 10×12 baking pan about 1 inch thick.
- Bake until golden brown for 30 min. on middle rack plus 5 min. on low rack. Cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread on completely cooled dessert. Garnish with 4 tsp. of orange zest and 1/3 cup chopped cranberries.
- Place in freezer for 10 min., then cut into squares or triangles.
- Place refrigerated eggs in a bowl of warm water to bring them to room temperature.
- To soften cream cheese quickly, place in a microwave-safe container and use “melt butter” setting for 10 – 30 seconds.