Iced Afternoon in Mansfield Park Tea with Strawberry Simple Syrup
Drink in the last bit of summer with this refreshing iced tea recipe! Afternoon in Mansfield Park is a scented black tea highlighting strawberries and blackberries, bringing summertime to the tea table. Discover the succulent little treasures of a berry grove in this delicate and fresh black tea made with fresh and simple strawberry syrup.
Makes 1 pitcher (60 oz.) of iced tea and 1 cup strawberry simple syrup
What you’ll need for the Tea:
- 3 heaping Tbsp. Afternoon in Mansfield Park loose leaf tea
- Tea infuser
- 60 oz. boiling water (~212°F)
- Fresh berries and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
For the strawberry simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Using the tea infuser, steep Afternoon in Mansfield Park loose leaf tea in 60 oz. of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain tea infuser or tea leaves from tea. Wait for tea to cool down before chilling to preserve flavor. Chill. (Our favorite iced tea tip: Make ice cubes out of the tea you’ll be drinking so that your tea doesn’t get watered down with regular ice cubes when serving!)
- For the strawberry simple syrup, bring water, sugar, and strawberries to a boil in a saucepan over the stove. Whisk continually until sugar has dissolved. Reduce to a simmer for 10 – 15 minutes (until strawberries have broken down). Strain out strawberry pieces and let cool. Chill.
- Serve tea over ice and sweeten with strawberry simple syrup to taste. Garnish with fresh berries and mint!